Over the course of these sessions, participants learn about effective public speaking, have the opportunity to practice speaking themselves, and can be mentored by experienced Toastmasters if they desire. Friendships can and do blossom from the Youth Leadership experience.
This is a very effective way for a teenager to acquire the skills of speaking, listening, thinking, and evaluating -- all skills that are extremely important in today's world.
The sessions of the Youth Leadership Program covers a variety of topics which play a part in good public speaking. Participants learn to:
- Overcome nervousness when speaking before an audience.
- Organize and present ideas logically and convincingly.
- Listen carefully to others' ideas.
- Offer advice to help others improve their speaking and leadership skills.
- Participate in - and even lead - group discussion or meetings.
For more information refer to the Toastmaster International Youth Programs page.